Please “CLICK HERE“ to see a good list of Airlines, Car Rentals, Trains, Boats, Hotels, Apartments, Trip Insurance, Restaurant Reviews, Museums, Event, Tickets and Tours and Online Travel Guides for all of the United Kingdom.
- The Howard – we stayed here in 2001. Comfortable and a very good breakfast but we’d probably stay somewhere else next time
- The Glasshouse – a lot of glass and great views. Close to the National Portrait Gallery
- Balmoral Hotel is a renovated classic old railway hotel. It’s really beautiful and close to all central sites.
- Edinburgh Castle and the National War Museum – try to get there for the 1 o’clock gun salute
- Palace Of Holyroodhouse – unless it’s closed for a Royal visit. The Royals still use it as a residence and the Queen’s Gallery
- The National Museum and Royal Museum of Scotland
- National Gallery of Scotland and the Portrait Gallery
- Hill walk tours – walking tours of Scotland and England
FOOD, RESTAURANTS AND SHOPPING
Haggis (lambs organs chopped and mixed with suet and packed into a sheep’s stomach). We’ve never even tried it. Luckily there are some easier local foods like Scottish beef and salmon, Scottish Broth and some really good Scottish meat pies. For those not interested in Scotch whiskey, there is a good assortment of local beers.