Please “CLICK HERE“ to see a good list of Airlines, Car Rentals, Trains, Boats, Hotels, Apartments, Trip Insurance, Restaurant Reviews, Museums, Event, Tickets and Tours and Online Travel Guides for all of Italy.
- Hotel Ucciardhome – PALERMO -beautiful hotel near Palermo’s fashionable Via Liberta. It’s across the street from a very notorious prison.
- Resort Baglio Oneto – (NEAR) MARSALA – This is a resort style hotel close to Ericè, Trapani, Selinunte and Segesta. It’s a good location for a couple of days
- Hotel Cavalieri – SIRACUSA – Luxury 4Star 3 blocks from the Ortygia. Wonderful design, very quiet. The owners go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. It’s an amazing find.
- Poggio Del Sole – RAGUSA/MARINA DI RAGUSA – Nice rooms and nice pool
- iCastelli – Historical Hotels
- Charming Sicily – a good selection of Luxury, boutique and family style hotels
MUSEUMS DESTINATIONS AND TRAVEL GUIDES
- The Best of Sicily – a really good internet magazine of Sicily
- The best Greek site from Ancient Magna Grecia include: Segesta, Selinunte, Agrigento and Siracusa. See Sicily Blogs
- A visit to Monreale (near Palermo) is a must see.
- The Thinking Traveler – Sicily, Puglia and the Ionian Islands
RESTAURANTS AND FOOD
Sicilian dishes to try some caponata (eggplant and olive salad), involtini di pesce spada (swordfish rolls) , Tonno (tuna) and gamberi (shrimp) and gamberone (large prawns). Polpetti or meatballs were supposedly first created in Sicily. Try the pasta con le sarde (pasta with sardines and wild fennel) or authentic veal marsala from Marsala. A local favorite is “Arancini” fried rice balls stuffed with meat or cheese. Another local favorite is a thick bread style pizza called sfincione. You can always find it at the bakeries. Try the peperonata (grilled peppers). Try the blood orange juice. For desserts there are canoli, frutta di martorana (marzipan) and an array of fabulous cream filled delights. And don’t forget to eats lots of granita. You might think you’ve tasted it before, but never like it’s made in Sicily. I’m getting really hungry….