Please “CLICK HERE“ to see a good list of Airlines, Car Rentals, Trains, Boats, Hotels, Apartments, Trip Insurance, Restaurant Reviews, Museums, Event, Tickets and Tours and Online Travel Guides for all of France.
- Domaine de la Tortiniere – Beautiful Chateau near Tours
- Chateau Hotels in the Loire
- Grand Hotel du Lion d’Or – In Romorantin-Lanthenay. It has an excellent restaurant
- Domaine Des Hauts De Loire $$$$ – This is about the most luxurious there is in the Loire. Near Blois
- Les Haute Roches – staying in a cave has never been this much fun
- Chateaux of the Loire Valley – a list of them all and how to reach them
- Guide to the Chateaux of the Loire
- Chateau Amboise – a grea visit. While you’re ther don’t miss the Leonardo Da Vinci home at Clos Luce
- Chateau Chambord
- Chateau Cheverny
- Chateau Chenonceau
- Chateau de Langeais
- Chateau Angers – The Chateau is OK but the real prize is the Apocalypse Tapestry inside. Angers is a big city and has a lot more to see.
- The Le Mans Museum – a great history a the automobile
FOOD AND RESTAURANTS
Rilettes, a country style pate is famous in this area. There is fresh fish usually with a Beurre Blanc sauce (white wine, butter, vinegar and shallots), wild boar and local mushrooms from the caves near Saumur. Specialties include: Noisettes de porc aux pruneaux (pork medallions cooked with prunes, cream and white wine), Quenelles de brochet (a mousse of poached pike), Tourangelle (vegetable and Pork soup), Andouilletes (Pork chitterling sausage), Fouace (flat bread baked in a wood burning stoves). There is also the famous Tarte Tatin (carmelized apples and butter) and Claufotis (cake filled with cherries), Gateau pithiviers (almond cream in puff pastry) and macaroons from Orleans. The area is also famous for goat cheese like Sainte Maure du Touraine, Crottin de Chavignol and Selles -sur-Cher. The wines from the Loire range from sweet to earthy and there is also a pretty spectacular wild cherry liquor called Guignolet.