Please “CLICK HERE“ to see a good list of Airlines, Car Rentals, Trains, Boats, Hotels, Apartments, Trip Insurance, Restaurant Reviews, Museums, Event, Tickets and Tours and Online Travel Guides for all of Italy.
- Hotel Pullman Timi Ama – near Villasimius in the south of the island. We never left. The beach was perfect, the room extremely comfortable and the restaurants were exceptional.
- Hotel Gabbiano Azzurro – Nice Hotel in Golfo Aranci, about 30 minutes from the Olbia airport and less than 30 minutes from the Costa Smeralda (Emerald Coast). The hotel is walking distance to the town with shops and restaurants
- Charming Sardinia – a very good collection of hotels from Luxury to boutique to family style
- Capo d’Orso – The Bear Rock in Costa Smeralda is a great hike and a great view
- Alghero – an old Venetian city with Catalan roots
- Nuraghe di Palmavera – 14th century BC conical stone towers
- Anghelu Ruju – Necropolis dating back to 3000 BC
- Discover Sardinia – Guide to the island and the History
RESTAURANTS AND FOOD
Bottarga (salted, dried tuna fish eggs with lemon and olive oil), Clams and mussels in marinara sauce with white wine and garlic, sa fregula (round shaped pasta with clams), malloreddus (grooved pasta with saffron and a sausage tomato sauce), culingionis (ravioli stuffed with potato and mint), panadas (a round vegetable, meat or eel pie), fregola con arselle (Sardinian pasta with clams), burrida a sa Casteddaia (dogfish marinaded in walnuts, vinegar and spices), su porcheddu (roasted suckling pig), langosta, gamberi (shrimp), fresh fish, lamb, beef, pecorino cheese and lots more.
- Ristorante Gentedimare – Lungomare Golfo Aranci, ; GOLFO ARANCI (+39) 348 3223101 – A great restaurant on the harbor. Call for reservations. It gets very crowded.