Please “CLICK HERE“ to see a good list of Airlines, Car Rentals, Trains, Boats, Hotels, Apartments, Trip Insurance, Restaurant Reviews, Museums, Event, Tickets and Tours and Online Travel Guides for all of France.
- Château de L’Isle-Marie – A 17th century castle near Saint Mere Eglise. It’s still owned by the original family. It’s restored and very authentic with lots of 19th century furnishings. It’s also haunted
- Hotel Ferme Saint-Simeon – near the beautiful coastal town of Honfleur
- Hostellerie du Clos – Country Villa between Paris and Caen
- La Chaumiere – near Honfleur
- National Monuments of France
- Discover Normandy – a good online site
- D-Day Beaches
- Peace Museum – in Caen. It is a a great museum, even if you have no interest in WWI, WWII or the cold war
- Bayeaux Tapestry – A really great museum and a really great pictorial history of the Battle of Hasting in 1066. It is in amazing condition and was comissioned right after the battle.
- Honfleur – Picturesque seaside village in the Haut Normandie
- Rouen – Home of the cathedral Monet loved in so many of his paintings and a lot of old half timber houses
- Deauville – famous for it’s Film festival, celebrity watching and a beautiful beach and boardwalk
FOOD AND RESTAURANTS
Fish is abundant and you’ll see a lot of Bar (sea bass), Coquilles st. Jacques (scallops) , Crevettes (prawns), Langoustines (small Bay lobsters), Saumon (salmon), Huîtres (oysters), Homard (lobster), Rouget (mullet), Coques (cockles), Moules (mussels), Bigorneaux (periwinkles), Bulots (sea snails), Maquereau (mackerel) and Truite (trout).You’ll also have a good selection of Veau (veal), Boeuf (beef), Volaille (poultry), Agneau (lamb) and Porc (pork). Since this is the land of butter, many of the dishes are served in a rich butter and cream sauce. This is also the region for apple cider and Calvados (apple and pear brandy). There is also a version of “La Captive Poire William” Brandy where a pear is grown into the bottle. The bottle is placed over the pear and it grows inside the bottle.