Please “CLICK HERE“ to see a good list of Airlines, Car Rentals, Trains, Boats, Hotels, Apartments, Trip Insurance, Restaurant Reviews, Museums, Event, Tickets and Tours and Online Travel Guides for all of Croatia.
- Valamar Riviera Hotel – POREC; Great location directly at the Ferry Dock. Great views from the rooms in the front of the hotel. The rooms are small but comfortable. There is no parking lot but there is street parking nearby.
- Hotel Palazzo – POREC; A Grand 1910 Hotel renovated and restored to traditional comfort. A great location with beautiful views across the Adriatic
- Hotel Monte Mulini – Beautiful Hotel in the old town of ROVINJ overlooking the harbor
- Hotel Lone – Design Hotel in ROVINJ; in a quiet forrest park a short walk from the old town and the harbor
- Maistra Hotel – Hotels and Resorts in Istria
- Astoria Design Hotel – OPATIJA
- POREC – The Basilica of Euphrasius, the Old town
- ROVINJ – Beautiful old town and the walk up to the Baroque Church of St Euphemia
- PULA – The Roman Amphitheater, The Temple of Augustus, The Arch of the Sergii and the old Town
- VODNJAN – The Church of Saint Blaise and the mummified Saints
- VRSAR – resort town with the Koversada Beach, the largest nudist camp in Europe. It can accommodate 5,000 people per day.
- OPATIJA – The 12km seaside stroll along the Lungomare Promenade in this old Austrian Resort Town on the Adriatic Sea
FOOD AND RESTAURANTS
Istria specializes in fresh fish, sardines, turbot, dorado, sea bass, shrimp, langostine, clams, oysters and mussels. The scampi Busara (olive oil, white wine, garlic and bread crumbs) is excellent. Inland there are more meat dishes like zgvacet (stew of lamb or chicken and onions), Pljukanci (twisted pasta), Manestra (soup of beans, corn, chickpeas and fennel), Ombolo (spiced boned pork loin). This is also the most famous area for white truffles and you can find Zigante Truffle locations everywhere on the peninsula. The wines of the region include the white Malvasia, and the red Teran, both very good.
- Restaurant Cardo – POREC