Please “CLICK HERE“ to see a good list of Airlines, Car Rentals, Trains, Boats, Hotels, Apartments, Trip Insurance, Restaurant Reviews, Museums, Event, Tickets and Tours and Online Travel Guides for all of France.
- Hotel Montalembert – $$$ On the left bank in Saint Germain des Prés
- Hotel Pont Royal – $$$ Small Hotel on the left bank in Saint Germain des Prés. The L’Atelier du Joel Robuchon restaurant is in the building
- Relais Christine – $$$$ Left Bank in the Saint Germain des Prés
- Les Hotels du Roy – Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Hotel Bourg Tibourg – $$ In the Marais. A very small traditional hotel
- Le Pavillion de la Reine – $$$ In Place des Vosges in the Marais. Beautiful traditional hotel
- Hotel Duo – $$ Contemporary hotel near the Pompidou center in the Marais
- Hotel Jeanne d’Arc – $$ In the Marais. If you don’t have much to spend on a hotel and you want a nice clean place, this is your hotel. It’s small, popular and fills up very fast.
There are hundreds of apartment rentals in Paris. We usually use VRBO.com and HomeAway.com but there are many more. The following list includes apartments belong to people we know and trust.
- The Elzevir Apartment – This is the 1bedroom Marais apartment of our good friends Bill and Ineke. It’s very popular and very beautiful. If you book early you might be lucky enough to get in.
- One Fine Stay has some really beautiful properties in Paris, London Rome, New York and Los Angeles
- Paris Perfect – The Byrne sister have a wonderful group of apartments throughout Paris, London and Italy
- Rue des Tournelles 2bedroom – This was our 2bedroom 2bath apartment near Place des Vosges in the Marais. We sold it in 2007. The photos are the same but we haven’t been in the apartment since we sold it.
- Rue des Tournelles studio apartment – This was our studio apartment but we sold it in 2007. The new owner is our friend Joelle. She is a Chiropractor in San Francisco and has a few apartments in Paris.
- Rue St Giles – This 1bedroom apartment also belongs to Joelle, our friend who owns the Rue des Tournelles studio.
- The Loft factory – This is an amazing grand apartment in the Montorgueil Quarter near the Louvre owned by our friend Julie
- Museums of Paris
- Louvre Museum
- Musée d’Orsay
- Musée Rodin
- Musée Picasso
- A View on Cities – Paris Edition
- Paris Muse – private tours with art experts
- Context Travel Paris – walking tours with art and architecture historians
- Paris Walks – the original walking tours of Paris
- Guided Tours in a 1950’s Citroen 2Cheval
- Fat Tire – Bicycle tours of Paris
- Paris Velos – Bicycle rentals
PARIS GUIDES – WHAT’S HAPPENING
- RATP – Local Trains from Paris
- This is a very good online map of Paris
- Batobus – Hop on Hop off; a great way to see the city from the Seine
FOOD AND RESTAURANTS
Paris offers lots of inventive culinary choices from simple fare ranging from local Bistrots to fresh seafood at the the Brasseries, grand meals at restaurants, great sandwiches, breads and pasteries at local bakeries, couscous from North Africa, Japonoise and Asian influences. Meals range from simple Bistro Prix Fixe to 3 Michelin Star restaurants. The Brasseries offer giant plates of seafood, the Bistros are more of a small neighborhood feel and the Restaurants are grand and elegant although the fine French meal can take over 3 hours. It’s a long wait between courses. Some of the best Chefs in Paris, like Jacques Cagna, Guy Savoy and Michel Rostang, have opened smaller Bistro style places that serve a great meal in a more relaxed setting. They are excellent and affordable. The following is a list of some of our favorite places:
- The Best Restaurants of Paris – a good website for Paris Eateries
- L’Atelier du Joel Robuchon – Very creative French Nouvelles Cuisine served in small plates in a sushi style setting
- Le Pre Verre – French Asian style and very affordable
- Le Petit Marché – In the Marais near PLace des Vosges. This was our regular place for dinner. We ate here a lot and every meal was delicious
- Chez Janou – In the Marais near Place des Vosges. This Provence Style restaurant has become very popular with locals. It’s always crowded but always good
- Restaurant Guy Savoy – 3 Michelin Stars
- Les Bouquinistes – smaller (and more affordable) Restaurant of Guy Savoy. He has also opened a couple other smaller places also on this website
- La Rottiserie d’en Face – The small Bistrot style restaurant of Jacque Cagna. The roast chicken is amazing
- The Grand Vefour – Local Parisians regard this to be the best restaurant in Paris. Guy Martin (the Chef) also has a few smaller restaurants in the city that you can access from this website
- Le Bon Marché – Yes, this is one of the best department stores in Paris and one of the best food halls in the world. It is also that place of some really great restaurants. A perfect stop for lunch.
- Michel Rostang – A very celebrated Chef with Restaurants throughout the city. Le Bistrot da Cote was the first of the star chef Bistrots.
- Le Relais de L’Entrecote – Steak and Fries is what they serve and that’s all they serve. It’s a great meal, very affordable and lots of it. There is always a line and no reservations are taken. Get there early.
- L’as du Fallafel – this sandwich shop on rue des Rossiers in the Jewish Ghetto has become very famous over the years. Fame has not gone to their heads. It’s still a great deal and a delicious lunch
- Au Pied du Cochon – The best Onion Soup in the city and a really great Brasserie near Les Halles
- Bofinger – one of the most beautiful Brasseries in Paris. Very close to Place des Vosges in the Marais and close to the Bastille
- Amorino – French ice cream could not compare with Italian Gelato until Amorino came along. They are now all over France and the Amorino invasion across the world is on the way