Please “CLICK HERE“ to see a good list of Airlines, Car Rentals, Trains, Boats, Hotels, Apartments, Trip Insurance, Restaurant Reviews, Museums, Event, Tickets and Tours and Online Travel Guides for all of France.
- Le Meridien – Nice -The location is perfect.
- La Villa Gallici – classic elegance in Aix en Provence
- Hotel La Perouse – Nice
- Provence and Beyond – travel in Provence
- Avignon – The city of the Popes
- Orange – A perfect roman theater
- Arles – Another Roman city with a Roman Amphitheater
- Grasse – the city of perfume
- St Remy de Provence – the home of the French Impressionist painters
- Le Baux de Provence – Hilltop town with great views and usually really powerful winds.
- Aix en Provence – beautiful 17th century town and the Cezanne Museum
- Tarascon – 13th century castel of Good King René
- Marseille – the oldest city in France. Great harbor and a visit to the Chateau D’If prison of the Count of Monte Cristo
FOOD AND RESTAURANTS
Lots of fresh fish and lamb dishes from this area. Ratatouille (stewed vegetables), Pistou (The Nice version of pesto but usually made as a soup of garlic, basil and vegetables), tapenade (black olive paste), Aiolli (garlic mayonaise), rouille (garlic sauce usually served with fish), Bouillabaisse (Marseillaise fish stew), Daube de boeuf (braised beef stew), Blanquette d’Agneau (lamb stew), Gratin d’Aubergines (egg plant gratin), Tomates a la Provencale (stuffed tomatoes). Salade Nicoise (tomatoes, tuna, black olives, capers, French beans, eggs and lemon juice), Socca Nicoise (chickpea crepe), Tart Tropézienne (brioche style pastry filled with creme).