Please “CLICK HERE“ to see a good list of Airlines, Car Rentals, Trains, Boats, Hotels, Apartments, Trip Insurance, Restaurant Reviews, Museums, Event, Tickets and Tours and Online Travel Guides for all of Spain.
Basque: San Sebastian and Bilbao
- Parador Hondarribia – one of the most beautiful of all the Paradors in Spain
- Hotel Marqués de Riscal – A Frank Gehry design Hotel with a Michelin star restaurant in Elciego, in the heart of the Rioja vineyards of the Basque Country
- Guggenheim Bilbao – yes it’s worth the visit
- San Sebastian – the Capital of the Basque Area. It’s a beautiful city with a double horseshoe beach and the some of the best restaurants in all of Spain
FOOD AND RESTAURANTS
Tapas in the Basque region are called “Pintxos”. This is also the land of Idiazabal sheep milk cheese, marmita (fish stew), Pil-Pil (bacalao or salted cod fish), Piperade (onions, greens peppers and tomatoes), Pisto (tomatoes, onions and eggplant served with a topping of manchego cheese), lots of fish, Basque cider, Almond torte, Mamia (Basque yoghurt), and Chacolí (sparkling white wine).
- Restaurant Arzak – In San Sebastian. This is one of the best meals I’ve ever enjoyed