Please “CLICK HERE“ to see a good list of Airlines, Car Rentals, Trains, Boats, Hotels, Apartments, Trip Insurance, Restaurant Reviews, Museums, Event, Tickets and Tours and Online Travel Guides for all of Turkey.
- Yunak Evleri Cave Hotel – Luxurious Caves in the beautiful town of Urgup. The most fun you can have in a cave.
- Museum Cave Hotel – Luxurious cave hotel in Uchisar; a beautiful hill town next to the Pigeon Valley
There is so much to see in this amazing part of Turkey but it’s best to do it with a guide. The sites are a good distance from each other. Must see places include: the rock animals of the Dervent Valley, the Fairy chimneys at Pasabag, the Goreme Open Air Museum and the early Christian cave Churches,the Ihlara Valley, the Pigeon cliffs and fortress of Uchisar, the Village of Urgup, the Caravanserei, the Underground city of Derinkuyu and so many more places we never got to in our week here.
- All about Turkey – Burak Sansal is Turkey’s version of Greece’s Matt Barrett. Although we’ve never used Burak, we love his website. Lots of good information and tips. Highly recommended
- The Turkey Travel Planner – Tom Brosnahan is a well respected travel writer who maintains this wonderful site for all things Turkish. Highly recommended
- Argeus Tours – make sure you ask for Ülkü Yilmaz (also known as Alec). He might be retired but if not he is one the best guides you’ll ever have.
FOOD AND RESTAURANTS
- Sömine Restaurant in Ürgüp. I highly recommend the Testi Kebabi