Please “CLICK HERE“ to see a good list of Airlines, Car Rentals, Trains, Boats, Hotels, Apartments, Trip Insurance, Restaurant Reviews, Museums, Event, Tickets and Tours and Online Travel Guides for all of Greece.
HOTELS AND APARTMENTS
- Daios Hotel – $$-$$$ – Contemporary/Modern Hotel. Great location overlooking the Gulf of Thessaloniki
- Excelsior Hotel – $$-$$$ – Renovated early 19th century classical building in the center of the historical city near the Gulf of Thessaloniki
- Archeology Museum
- Byzantine Museum
- In Thessaloniki – a excellent site for what to see, what to do in and around Thessaloniki. It also includes good tips on accommodations, food, shopping and local events.
- Enjoy Thessaloniki – good site for what to do and what’s happening
- Thessaloniki City Walks
- Greece Travel Guide – Matt Barrett is a wonderful web guide of Greece. This is his guide to Thessaloniki.
FOOD AND RESTAURANTS
Thessaloniki is on the sea and seafood is available everywhere. The city is also famous for souvlaki, (slices of pork on pita bread with chopped potatoes, tomatos, onions and tzadziki (cucumber yoghurt) sauce. Breakfast here is traditionally the ‘bougatsa’, filled phylo dough pastry that are only available in the mornings. There are souvlaki (sublaki) cafes across the city. There are also a variety of sweet and savory pies known as ‘mpougatsa’. ‘Cazan dipi’, a caramelized Turkish cream, a version of creme brulee and the famous “Panorama’ triangles”, syrupy sweet filled with cream.