Please “CLICK HERE“ to see a good list of Airlines, Car Rentals, Trains, Boats, Hotels, Apartments, Trip Insurance, Restaurant Reviews, Museums, Event, Tickets and Tours and Online Travel Guides for all of Italy.
VENICE AND THE VENETO
- DD724 – VENICE – In the Dorsaduro district near the Galleria dell’Accademia and the Peggy Guggenheim museum.
- Ca Pisani Hotel – VENICE – Nn the Dorsoduro, close to the Accademia Bridge
- Palace Bonvecchiati Hotel – VENICE – Near Piazza San Marco
- Ca’Nigra Lagoon Resort – VENICE – On the Grand Canal
- AquaB – VENICE – Boutique B&B close to the Rialto Bridge
- Aqua Palace Hotel – the parent hotel of the B&B Aqua B
- Escalus Suites – VERONA – Luxury suites near the Arena. The attic jr suite has a private terrace overlooking the Arena
- Hotel Gabbia d’Oro – VERONA – Traditional chic in the Old Town
- Hotel Methis – PADUA – Contemporary Design Hotel very close to the historic center
- Italy Perfect – Pat and Lisa Byrne are wonderful people with an excellent selection of beautiful apartments
Destinations and Museums
- Peggy Guggenheim Museum – VENICE
- Venice Museums – Make sure when you book the Doge’s Palace also buy the secret Itinerary
- Punta della Dogana and Palazzo Grassi – VENICE – The Amazing Art collection of Francois Pinault
- Venice Connected – You can also buy Museum passes from Venice Connected.
- Verona Roman Amphitheater Opera Season – VENICE
- Scrovegni Chapel and the Giotto Frescos – PADUA
- L’Altra Venezia (The Other Venice) is a Venice Tour company run by Walter Fano. If you are interested in learning the secrets of the city this is the guide for you. We spent a an incredible day Andrea Dona (one of the guides).
Boats – Vaporetti
- Venice Connected – You can buy multi day passes when you get to Venice or you can get them from Venice Connected. You can also get restroom passes which are a much better price here than paying at each public restroom.
Restaurants and Food
Veneto dishes to try: risotto nero (with octopus ink), scampi (prawns) and lots of shell fish. Afterall, Venice is on the sea..There is also a local favorite called risi e bisi (rice and peas). Carpaccio (raw sliced beef) comes from this region. In Verona there is a lot of cavallo eating (horse meat). If you want to try some, go for the pastissada (meat stew). There is minestra di pasta e fagioli (bean and pasta soup) polenta of all kinds and the Venitians love baccala (dried salted codfish). Prized white asperagus comes from the area near Bassano del Grappa. For dessert, tiramisu was first created in the Veneto.
- Da Fiore – VENICE – Michelin star restaurant on Calle del Scaleter 2202 near Campo San Polo. It’s worth the effort to find it
- L’Osteria di Santa Marina – VENICE – in Campo Santa Marina, Castello district near the Fenice Theatre. Amazing sea food and lots more. Tues-Saturday for lunch and dinner. It’s hard to find but well worth the adventure
- Ristorante Fiaschetteria Toscana – VENICE – Cannaregio district, near Campo St Bartholomio and Campo San Marco. One of the best restaurants in Venice. This is one really great meal.
- Cafe Pedrocchi – PADUA – Since 1831