TUNISIAN TRAVEL RESOURCES
- Which Budget.com – Good good search engine for great prices
- Yapta – tracks the costs before you fly and they send you an email when the price is lower. If the cost drops after you buy the ticket, they issue you a refund
- BravoFly is good search engine for great prices; mostly on inter-European travel
- Alitalia flies to many locations in Europe
- Air France – flies to many locations in Europe
- Tunisair – Tunisian airline
- Turkish Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Air Berlin
- Condor Airlines is a low cost airlines and part of the Thomas Cook group
- Royal Maroc also flies to Tunisia
- Seat Guru – type in your airline and flight number and they will tell you the flight configuration. Great site for choosing your seats
- Squaremouth – over 100 companies to choose from.
- Travel Insured – We’ve had good experience with this one
- WorldNomads.com Travel Insurance – a great organization and very reasonable rates
CAR RENTALS: All major car rental service Morocco
- AutoEurope – They are easy to work with and they offer a best price guarantee. If you book early you’ll get a better price.
- Argus Car hire – auto rentals will give good prices on car rental in most places around the world.
- Rentalcars.com – Lease from them if you plan to a car for more than 17days. You inclusive of all insurance, etc.
- HRS – Hotel Reservation Service is a great site for discounts on all classes of hotels and resorts
- SLH.com – small luxury hotels
- The Residence – Tunis
- Luxique – good boutique collection
- I-escape Boutique Hotels
- Tablet Hotels
- VRBO is the motherlode of apartment rentals all over the world
- Home Away is another good site (the parent company to VRBO)
- SNCFT – Train Tunisia. Website is in French and Arabic. Supposedly, English is coming soon.
- Train Travel in Morocco – useful information
- Rail Europe
- The Rail Dude – This is a small German company that does a great job in train travel throughout Europe
- The Man in seat 61 – Mark Smith has traveled around the world by train and boat and keeps a really good and informative blog. If you’re into train travel, you’ve got to look at this site.
MUSEUMS, TICKETS, EVENTS AND GUIDED TOURS:
- The Bardo Museum in Tunis is one of the best museums in the world
- Historic Sites in Tunisia
- Looklex – online travel guide with photos
FOOD, RESTAURANTS AND RESTAURANT REVIEWS:
Phones and Internet Cards
- Cellhire International – phones, phone cards, sim rentals and mobile hotspot rentals
- TEP Wireless rental – rates for one country or multiple countries for very good rates
- Cellular Abroad – good rates for MiFi rentals for good rates per country. It’s been a bit difficult to have them configure the mobile hotspot for multiple countries
- XCOM Global – mobile hotspots for around $15/day
- Guide to phones and Internet Service in Tunisia
ONLINE MAGAZINES, TRAVEL SITES AND TRAVEL ADVICE: