Please “CLICK HERE“ to see a good list of Airlines, Car Rentals, Trains, Boats, Hotels, Apartments, Trip Insurance, Restaurant Reviews, Museums, Event, Tickets and Tours and Online Travel Guides for all of France.
HOTELS, APARTMENTS AND HOUSES
- Along with the list from the France resource page (see above) we have also rented from Simply Perigord here in the Drodogne. They have a lot of nice properties and specialize in this area.
- Understanding Prehistoric Life in the Dordogne
- Sites to visit in the Dordogne- Perigord
- Sarlat-la-Canéda is a beautiful old medieval town with a great marketplace.
- Chateau de Castelnaud and Chateau Beynac were opposing castles in the Hundred Years war between France and England
- Lascaux and Lascaux II – the most famous prehistoric caves in France
- Les Eyzies de Tayac and Font du Gaume – prehistoric caves and castle cities and lots of foie gras
- Rocamadour – the cliff hugging castle town
- Gouffre de Padirac – a wonderous giant hole filled with calcium formations
FOOD AND RESTAURANTS
This is the land to eat duck, especially dishes like Magret de Canard (duck breast), and Confit de Canard (Duck legs cooked in duck fat) and Foie Gras. When buying Foie Gras locally look for “entier” on the label. This is the highest quality. This is also the place of the famous Périgord truffles, known as ‘black diamonds’ because of their value. If you’re here in the late Autumn you might have a chance to taste them. The sweets will have a lot of walnuts. Most walnuts of France come from this area.