Please “CLICK HERE“ to see a good list of Airlines, Car Rentals, Trains, Boats, Hotels, Apartments, Trip Insurance, Restaurant Reviews, Museums, Event, Tickets and Tours and Online Travel Guides for all of Italy.
Campania: Naples, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast
- Palazzo Decumani – NAPLES – in the old historic part of the city. Beautiful rooms, great service
- Micalo Napoli – NAPLES – small hotel very close to the trendy shopping and the Castel Uova
- Aquapetra – TELESE TERME near BENEVENTO and THE CASERTA PALACE. This was an amazing find, a couple hours from Rome and about an hour from Naples. A most beautiful place with a fabulous spa and one of the best restaurants in Campania. Everything is grown or produced nearby.
- Charming Campania – a good selection of Luxury, Boutique and Family Style Hotels
- Italy Perfect – Pat and Lisa Byrne are wonderful people with an excellent selection of beautiful apartments
- Superintendent of Archeology of Pompeii, Herculaneum and Stabia
- Arethusa – A museum site that allows you to book private visits to the archeological parks like Pompeii and Ercolano. The site is in Italian
- The Ancient Sites of Pompeii, Herculaneum, Stabiae and Oplontis – A good guide to what is there
- The National Archeology Museum of Naples – Most of the best finds from Pompeii and Herculaneum are here
- Context Travel – Fiorella Squillante is the best guide to Naples ever… You can usually book her through Context Travel.
- SNAV – Ferry Boats; prices and schedules
- Ferries from Naples and Sorrento to Capri, Ischia, Positano
- The Circumvesuviana Train – From Naples to the sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum and onto Sorrento
- Napoli Taxi drivers are notorious for taking advantage of tourists. These is the official rates NaplesTaxi. The more you know, the less you pay.
RESTAURANTS AND FOOD
Naples is the birthplace of many Italian American dishes like Pizza, Spaghetti con le vongole (clams), Eggplant Parmesan, Swordfish Rolls, Polpette (meatballs) Buffalo mozzarella and Caprese Salads, Frito Misto di Mare (calamari and shrimp), Limoncello, Rhum Baba. Try them all.
- I Decumani – NAPLES – one really good Pizzeria. Get there before 7pm to get a table
- Pizzeria Sorbillo – NAPLES -On via Tribunale, this place goes back to 1935
- Pizzeria da Matteo – NAPLES -Via dei Tribunali, 94; a favorite place of Bill Clinton
- Pizzeria da Michele – NAPLES -One of the originals since 1870
- Aquapetra Restaurant – at the Aquapetra Hotel (see above) in TELESE TERME, BENEVENTO