Please “CLICK HERE“ to see a good list of Airlines, Car Rentals, Trains, Boats, Hotels, Apartments, Trip Insurance, Restaurant Reviews, Museums, Event, Tickets and Tours and Online Travel Guides for all of Spain.
- PLAZA MAYOR DELUXE – 2 bedroom – Mario and Noelia are wonderful and their apartments are amazing. The 2 bedroom has a view over Plaza Mayor
- PLAZA MAYOR DELUXE – 1 bedroom – The one bedroom is a perfect place, beautiful, comfortable and close to everywhere in Madrid
- Hotel Urban – Popular modern hotel a shart walk from the Prado and Plaza Mayor
- Hotel Villa Real – near the Puerta del Sol
- Hotel Quatro Puerta del Sol – Renovated hotel with nice contemporary rooms near Puerta del Sol
- Hotel de las Letras – On the Grand Via. A renovated contemporary hotel. Some room have terraces
- Across Madrid Tours – Art Historian and Phd, Almudena Cros offers tours Art and Historical Tours of Madrid with a maximum of 6-8 people. I am very excited to find her.
- This is the site to the Ministry of Culture – lots of good stuff about the city and the heritage
- Prado Museum – one of THE best art museums in the world
- Thyssen-Bornemiska – an amazing art collection across the street from the Prado
- Reina Sofia Museum – Madrid’s Modern Art Museum
- Palacio Real – the Royal Palace of Madrid
- Museum of Archeology – Reopened in 2014 as one of the best history museums in Europe
- Museo Ejercito – the Military Museum of Madrid. They even have the sword of El Cid
- El Escorial – the grand Spanish Palace from the 16th century – DAY TRIP
- Segovia – an 800 meter long Roman Aqueduct from 50AD and a Disneyesque Castle – DAY TRIP
FOOD AND RESTAURANTS
- Cocido madrileño (meat and chickpea stew), Cochinillo asado (roasted sucking pig from Segovia), Bocata de calamares (fried calamari sandwich), Tortilla de patatas (the real Spanish tortilla of eggs and potatoes. The best breakfast food in Madrid). Patatas Bravas (fried potatoes in spicy tomato sauce), Sopa castellana (garlic soup) and Porras (kind of like churros and usually dipped into hot chocolate.
- You’ll also find Oreja (pig’s ears) in most bars and cafes.
- Plaza Mayor is the best place for tapas and bacadillos. The crowd starts around 6pm and foes on till the small hours of the morning.
- Taberna Capitan Alatriste – excellent house wine and roasted suckling pig
- Botin – listed as the Guinness Book oldest restaurant in the world. specialties are roast lamb and roast pig
- La Paella Real – as the name says, good paella
- Posada de la Villa – Madrid cooking
- El Neru – Asturias style cooking with good fish
- Platea – a converted movie house is now an amazing tapas restaurant with local and international choices. Near the Madrid Archeology Museum