Please “CLICK HERE“ to see a good list of Airlines, Car Rentals, Trains, Boats, Hotels, Apartments, Trip Insurance, Restaurant Reviews, Museums, Event, Tickets and Tours and Online Travel Guides for all of Italy.
Liguria and the Cinque Terre
- La Torretta Hotel – MANAROLA, CINQUE TERRE – one of the best hotel experiences we’ve ever had
- Abbadia San Giorgio – MONEGLIA, CINQUE TERRE – a restored and renovated monastery
- Hotel Splendido – PORTOFINO – If you have the money, they have a room
- La Meridiana – Near Albenga and about 2hrs from Cinque Terre
- Hotel Miaramare – SESTRI LEVANTE – really nice property overlooking the Bay of Silence in Sestri Levante
- Hiking in the Cinque Terre – The site is also in English. Wear good shoes.
- Visit Genoa. Most people shy away from this wonderful city. Don’t be afraid. It’s really friendly.
TRAINS, BOATS, CARS (very little parking)
- Cinque Terre Online – is a very good site for the basics of traveling to the 5 towns
- Cinque Terre.org – Ferry Schedules, Train day passes and more
RESTAURANTS AND FOOD
Pesto from Genovese Basil, Focaccia (the best is from Genoa), Farinata (Chicpea pizza), Coniglio in Umbido (Rabbit stew), Buridda (fish stew), large anchoives, fried sardines, langostina, gamberi (shrimp), Ciuppin (Ligurian bouillabaisse), Pandolce Genovese, (sweet bread with candied fruit, raisins and nuts), Trofie and Trenette pasta and a sweet desert wine known as Sciacchetra.